Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Graphpad Prism Help

M

I was hoping someone can give me some help with a problem I have with some data I am trying to analyse with Graph pad Prism.
I have 2 data sets, one set has an increment between subesequent x values of 0.06, the second set has an increment of 0.05. If I wanted to plot these two data sets on the same graph (using the above values as the X value) is there a way of getting Graph Pad to interpolate the results. They both have the same range (30-200), but obviously 1 of them has fewer actual data values.
I am hoping this is possibel and some one can tell me how to sort it out
Thanks
Max

A

Hi Maxipat, I use Prism alot, but sometimes it can let you down, not sure whether I can help or not, but are they plotted against the same y variable, or do you have two Y axes? If not, then have you considered turning the graph and having these two x's as seperate y plots?

Not completely sure what you want to do but if you give me more info, i can see what i can do.

AL

M

Hi Al, thanks for the reply, I will try and explain my problem a bit better.
I have recorded some data that is amplitude against frequency (from 30 to 200 MHz), I want to plot frequency on the x axis and amplitude on the Y axis. The first set of data has frequency recorded with a step size of 60Hz, the second set of data has the frequency increment of 50 Hz, so when I rty to plot the two sets of data on the same graph, 1) I have more data cells on the 50 Hz version and obviously they then dont match if I try and just plot them directly.

data set 1

Frequency Amplitude
30.000 10.8
30.060 11.7
30.120 10.9

data set 2
Frequency Amplitude
30.000 10.4
30.050 11.9
30.100 10.2

What I was hoping to be able to do to merge the data so I can plot it on one graph.

Hope this is a bit clearer, and hopfully youcan give a idea how to do it .

Thanks

Max

A

Hi Maxipat,
Apologies for just getting back to you! I have had a look at the data, I'm not sure exactly how you could interpolate the results, sorry! :(

Have you tried a two grouping variable graph, therefore, having the different incremental x values down the side and then matching each in different columns to representative data? I'm not sure if this is what you want though, and i'm rubbish with anything that sounds statistical! :$

Apologies for being unable to help, hope you get it sorted soon.
AL

M

Hi Al, thanks for the reply. I have spoken to our "guru" at work today and it seems that I was trying to over complictae things. All I need to do is set up two seperate tables with their own data in then in one of the graphs add another series (data from the other sheet) graphpad will then do all the work and plot the new data against the old X values.
Thanks
for trying to help
Max

A

Awesome, glad you got it sorted Maxipat! Funny how its often so much easier than you think, maybe that makes us the researchers we are - over analysis ;)!

Good luck with the rest,
AL