Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

how to choose robot research for phd

H

what are the emerging research in robotics? and where is the best university offer such research?

T

hehe, Gorgia tech offers a new PhD programm.. I don't thinK i am qualifiedd for this programme, otherwise, it will be my dream study.. good luck!

T

sorry, should add " a new pHD program in robotics"

H

anyone know on split phd program? i prefer robotics field

F

Robotic research is performed at a number of unis in the UK. Try looking at the web sites for Essex, Birmingham, Manchester, Imperial College and Oxford University.

Good luck!

H

TQ..

G

"Robotics" is an over-used word hairizaman, think about the application area you wish to work in - medical, nuclear, forestry etc, because a robot is essentially a piece of electro-mechanical engineering and software, which many Universities do.

Then look at 'who' has active links with industry. Some of the Unis. mentioned earlier have fancy sounding programs, but what are they achieving? Will it help you achieve what you want?

R

Imperial do some really cool research into the application of robotics in surgery!! In fact, I think the worlds first robot used in surgery was developed at Imperial. I had an interview for a PhD there and I have to say the people impressed me quite a lot.

might be worth a look if you are interested in bioengineering

H

As what i know, "swarm" concept robot & bio-inspired robot are some of the current active research around the globe. any comments please..