Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

i did it

T

hi everyone,
i have finally been offered a PhD studentship starting in october. I am so excited and can't wait. Slightly worried that it may be hard for me to get into studying again, as i did my MSc three years ago. I have started reading research materials around my project to get a head start. Any advice for me anyone.

S

I havent started my PhD yet will be starting on september so cant really give any advide but Well done on getting the studentship

J

same goes for me, I'm starting in September as well. Comgratulations on the studentship

T

Don't worry too much.. I was working for 2 years before coming back to uni to do a phd.. I just read round the subject and made sure I was still familiar with the basics

K

Read a couple of your new research groups recent papers to get an idea of what they are doing at the moment and the materials and methods they use. Read around your PhD subject but also just general stuff in the broader area to start getting back into the subject. Even reading magazines like New Scientist (or whatever is applicable!) is great at keeping you up to date.

Buy a nice notebook for your first day

T

thanks everyone. glad to know there is an accessible network of people that can give me sound and honest advice.