Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Manuscript cover letter ( funny)

K

======= Date Modified 02 53 2009 21:53:36 =======
Hello everyone,
I couldnt resist sharing this on this forum. Enjoy and feel free to comment about the peer review system.

:p

http://astro.berkeley.edu/~mwhite/referee_funny.html

C

Very funny, I've forwarded this to a bunch of people who also had a good laugh ;)

S

Thank you! :-) Am currently rewriting a journal article for the 50th time, and yep, what started out as a meaty article is now indeed stir fried vegetables!

A

======= Date Modified 03 Nov 2009 08:57:23 =======
Holy God!! That is a minor work of genius! I have had this happen to my own paper, only it has been due to one of my supervisors, it hasnt even been submitted yet! The paper it is now it entirely unrecognisable from the paper it was initially....ah hooo!!

:-) (god my spelling was terrible there!!)

T

I especially love the "review of irrelevant literature" - how many papers get cited simply because the cronie reviewer forces them down the throat of every new author that comes their way? And I hate having to shoe-horn a reviewer's absurd pet theories into your own work to satsify them, if only you could add a *bullcrap the reviewer made me put in* footnote.

K

I am glad you enjoyed it, I have never written a paper before but I ve heard of the trouble through, at least now I know what to expect when that time comes

S

That is absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't laughed so much in ages, thanks for that :-)