Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Monday blues....or something worse?

M

As my Monday morning rapidly becomes Monday afternoon I can safely say I am feeling rubbish.

I hope you don't mind if I vent some frustration....
Productivity is very low, I can't concentrate, I set myself into a panic by setting myself targets to attain this week...I just seem to be so distracted and exhausted. Will I ever get any work done this week?

Its all a bit strange because I am living and working in someone else's house whist they are away on holiday - house-sitting if you like. This is because there is no electricity or water at my own home, and although the renovation project there is my husbands department I lie awake all night worrying about stupid things like damp-proof courses and colours for paintwork. If I am not worrying about that is about my unborn child - which merrily kicks away all night stopping me sleeping. AND THEN there is the PhD editing process which is taking forever!

I guess the only important thing to focus on is trying to do at least a few hours editing each day....and keep plodding on. But gosh it is so hard! I'm so tired and emotional.

sad day today - is there any hope?
:-(

aww sounds like you're overtired - which will mean the work drags more.

If I were you, I'd have 1 conversation with hubby a day about the work he's sorting out, that will get any worries of your chest. If he's anything like my hubby he'll rush in without checking important things e.g. knock a wall down before checking if its a supporting wall, so I have to constantly check "have you done this, are you sure" etc etc.

If its possible with a small creature in you, maybe you should try zoning out when you are in bed, so you don't think about anything that stresses you. Alternatively you could try listening to an audio book - its a great way to take your mind off the days troubles and go to sleep with it on. I have a 'sound asleep' pillow for exactly that http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/9308726/Sound-Asleep-Speaker-Pillow/Product.html

M

Thanks Sneaks

I might try the pillow, and possibly some relaxation or hypnotherapy tapes. Anything to get a good nights rest, so that i am not an emotional wreck when trying to work.
M