Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

More focussed!

M

Hi there, a few months ago I felt really at a loss and not entirely sure if I wanted to continue.  However, I had a meeting with my supervisors and we, as a team, decided on a number of objectives and a time plan. I now feel much more motivated and nearly almost excited! So, for those that feel low and dispirited please realise that there is hope, that you can change the ways things are and quitting is a last resort.  I have just read the book Bounce by Syed and it really helped remind me that champions are not born that way, it is not talent, simply lot's of focussed practise.

To my mind, that it all that is needed to achieve the PhD. Nobody said that this path was an easy one, that's why we all took it. We need to remind ourselves that it is meant to be challenging and to push the boundaries of our capabilities.

For me, tomorrow is a new day and negative thoughts have no place in it.
(up)

L

======= Date Modified 15 Jan 2012 21:36:42 =======
Hi Milo, great to see such a positive post - especially when you felt differently not so long ago. I agree with you completely; it really is a case of mind over matter sometimes, with a positive outlook key to moving forward and not dwelling on past difficulties.

Good luck with your new targets. :)

G

Nice to hear :) May this attitude take you far in life.

M

Amen to that! (up)