Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

MSc International Business at Edinburgh Uni

S

Hi

Im thinking of applying to the International Business and Emerging Markets MSc at University of Edinburgh. Does anyone know if the Management school at this university has a strong reputation?

Also what are the career prospects upon graduating from such a course. Bearing in mind the fees are very expensive.

I have no work experience

S

please someone, anyone, do you not have any advice for me. Someone must know something about the practical and vocational use of an MSc in International Business for the real world, any help would really be appreciated.

Many Thanks

J

Well i know that Edinburgh is an excellent university and is among the best schools in the UK.It is also very popular amongst employers.As far as your course is concerned i have no knowledge to offer u.

S

thanks for your advice, I think I will accept the offer from edinburgh after much thought.

S

Edinburgh is a brilliant university...It was ranked in the world top 25 by the TIMES-QS World University Rankings in 2007...The Ties Employer Review ranked it in the world top 15...As far as the business school is concerned it is good...Its not in the top tier with the likes of LBS, LSE, Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford and Manchester...But it definitely is in the UK top 10 or 15...Also compare it to the options at hand...If you've been accepted at say Warwick or MBS or Tanaka then you should opt for them....But if your other options are Bristol, Aston, Leeds, Lancaster, Kings etc then Edinburgh is a better option...I'm going to Edinburgh for the MSc Management course for the 2008-2009 session...

S

thanks for the help, Edinburgh actually just emailed me and offered me a place for International Business and Emerging Markets which is rather nice news