Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

No motivation to work today :(

M

*procrastinates*

Ahh!! - I've a conference paper to write, interviews to arrange/prepare for, a load of statistical data collection to do and no motivation to do any of it! :( Just want to go home, lie on the couch and watch my Sex & the City box set!

:-)

i think its the weather! Its soo nice outside - its my perfect kind of weather, not too hot, not too cold!

M

Think so too.. such a beautiful day here! Darned PhD! :(

Just realised that I've an abstract to write for another paper! *procrastinates some more*

K

I've found it impossible to do any work all week. I WARNED my supervisor this is what would happen if I took time off :-s I've been sitting round most days eating cornflakes and watching Youtube videos, like an undergrad.

O

this always happens to me in the frigging springtime - usually lose the best part of a month. Doesn't help that there's been a recent erotic frisson with a boy for the first time in ages... what a distraction! No boys till mid-June, I've decided! Too much to do!

oh no, go for the boy! forget the work!

I've just been pawed by my dog until I gave up and took her out - big mistake! After walking for 40 mins across daisy filled fields and apple tree orchards in the beautiful sunshine I just want to take a fiction book up to the hills and sit there all day. Although I feel that the picture in my mind is more idyllic than the reality - which would be my dog licking my face constantly.

Sounds lovely Sneaks!!

That'll be my treat (and the dog's) when I get home. 1.5 hours down, 2.5 to go!

I agree with Sneaks Orgriv have some fun with the boy :-x

O

Quote From sneaks:

oh no, go for the boy! forget the work!

Can't go for the boy.... turns out he is unavailable (sigh)... which did not prevent a snog. :$

But that side of my life has been, ahem, 'dormant' for some time, so it is right pesky that it has come back as there is an MSc to finish, PhD funding to apply for, and various committee duties. Life is much easier without all that, but springtime makes one frisky, n'est-ce pas? Anyway, it's actually ruddy brilliant that he's unavailable, so I can get on with everything... (up)

M

Riiiight.. I've read half an article (it's very long!) and collected some statistics. Also organised my interview for next week - then realised I have to teach that day so have to cancel it! Grrrr.. All in all, did about two hours worth of work!

N

I'm going to admit to being a totally lazy cow today, so far today all I've done is read some more of the book that I'm supposed to be reviewing for my supervisor - informally due in after Easter. I think the warm weather has made me feel like I'm on holiday, even though I am officially on my Easter vacation. I rode the horse early this morning then took the dogs out for a long walk, like Sneaks I just want to be outside all day! Just got to go to the vets for puppy's microchip then to the stables....then I'll sit down and do something productive...definitely.

:-s very jealous. Wish I had a horse, and that I could ride it :-(

Maybe I should go on the dole after my PhD and spend all my time on my (newly purchased, with end of stipend) horse riding it around the streets of my local town.

N

Aww Sneaks - having a horse is wonderful, but the very early mornings and constant lack of money aren't so fun sometimes! At least you have a lovely dog to enjoy the weather with - what breed is he/she?

A

aaaaaaaaah.. the weather outside is nice again.. which makes it difficult to work ... i want to be outside :-(

L

I am feeling super lazy today, managing about 10 minute snapshots of work followed by half an hour of internet surfing! I have a deadline for the end of the week for a fairly substantial piece of work but "I'll do it tomorrow..." !;-)