Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

PGCE help needed

G

Hello, help needed.

I graduated from university in 05, with a 2:1 in sociology 55% and sports science 45%. I entered university by an access course and am undertaking both my GCSE in maths and English at present to get the C's needed to teach.

Among other things, I work as an LSA in a Maths, PE and Senco department at a local secondary school full time, so have had a good experience in the school environment. Out side of school I have represented Wales at school boy level rugby (which I still coach in now) and am at present a Great Britain power lifter.

I have applied to seven universities to do a PGCE PE secondary and so far have had no success. What else can I do to gain a position over a student with a full sports science degree?

Many thanks for any help.

Gav

G

First thing....what did the various Uni's say as to why they rejected you?

B

Oooh, I don't know the answer to your question, but my mum is a GB powerlifer (and national Paralympic coach and able-bodied and paras ref). I wonder if you know each other!

B.x

G

hi

Brunel said the course was full. i applied to them in nov 2007 and wasn't told this till after the new year.
Reading said lack of GCSE's.
London Met, Middlesex and Greenwich never gave me an reason.

waiting for Gloucestershire, been told there is one place left and 65 have gone for it. that will probably be the last chance for this years start i'm thinking.

what fed does you mum lift ref in. there are lots of them, ipf, bpo, bpc, gpc ect.........

thanks all

Gavin

B

Ohhh, now you're asking, but ipf is ringing some bells! B.x

G

It might be an idea to find what the London Met/Middlesex/Greenwich reasoning was.

G

Forgot to say....I would almost certainly imagine though, its the GCSE Maths/English issue.

G

yes golfpro your probably right.
i kind of saw this coming, thats why i'm doing the GCSE's now.
just really bugs me that i can get all the way to uni, gain a 2:1 all without many GCSE's and no A Levels, but then again such is life.

London Met, Middlesex and Greenwich never gave me an reason.
as in i rang and was given no reason.

gav