Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

PhD Chat room

G

Hi everybody,

I wonder is there a "clean" chat room for PhD students where we can share online our hopes, fears and dreams. I am currently doing my phd and I can tell it is a very lonely journey. I think if I can find such a room that will be nice. I tried to start one on yahoo but seems nobody noticed it.

Feel free to talk here.

G

I haven't found any and would be very interested if one started.

G

contact me at smitshrestha@hotmail.com for queries on phd in finance

G

A "clean" chatroom? Sounds a bit dull. What about a deep underground chatroom where we can slag off our supervisors? Just a thought ...

G

hai this is harsha doing m.s in digital meadia and communications and my aim to do phd in web desiging
any phds can guide me how to please mail me to "harsha_ksm@YAHOO.CO.IN

G

I am glad to know that other students are interested in such a chat room. So, I have created a group for that purpose on msn: groups.msn.com/PhDStudents

We can chat live there, and yes DJ Wickid we can "slag off our supervisors" or to be more realistic just cry together:)

I restricted membership to avoid immature guests. So, when you fill the joining form, please mention in "Message to Manager" section that you are from findaphd and I will accept you immediately. No need for further details.

See you all there! My username there is XYZphd

G

I'm glad to have found this forum.

I'm now applying for a Ph.D. position and would like to ask you all a question.

I believe some of you must have taken GRE exams. What do you think about my score: Verbal = 300 (extremely low), Quantitative = 800 (nothing could be better).

Do they put much weight on Verbal part? Am I automatically disregarded from the admission only because of my verbal?

Please advise! Thanks a lot.

DRH

By the way, thanks to AZ for your initiative. I will add you soon.

G

OK so I've started my PhD part-time and I'm getting sidetracked with my part-time job which is taking my career in another direction. Hands up who thinks an MPhil is just a poor man's PhD.

G

Hi,i want to get informations about the international scholarships to the international students.

G

Hi.I couldnt find any chat rooms for phd students on msn.If there is any in Yahoo kindly inform me at my email address :farisumal@yahoo.com .Beside this i want to know,wether i can get scholarship ?if yes ,then how?

G

Our chat group is located at groups.msn.com/PhDStudents.

Please send ur request to join (but don't forget to mention that u r from findaphd) and I will accept it immediately.

G

Dear all, I have just sent an announcement to all members that our first chat meeting will be on Sunday 28/11 at 1pm UK time. I hope u will be able to join us then. If u have not yet sent ur application to join the group, please do so as soon as possible. Thanks.

G

Please note our chat group "PhD Students" is independent from the discussion forum on "FindaPhd" website. So, what you post in one site is not necessarily seen by the members of the other site (unless they happen to members of both our group & the forum). So, when u r posting a msg or replying to someone, please make sure u r in the right place!

Please also note, that live chat is available only on our group and in order to access u must log in to our group at (http://groups.msn.com/PhDStudents), then click "Live Chat"

G

anybody can help me in getting admission in p.hd computer science either in newzealand,canada or germany i need the university addresses who is offering in low fees or good funding