Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Procrastination

Its really annoying me now that I seem to be procrastinating a LOT! I have 8 months left and promised my supervisor that I'll give him a draft introduction after the Christmas break.

How do you guys stop yourselves from procrastinating?

x

If you find an answer to this I would love for you to share with me!

The more I seem to have on my to do list the more I seem to procrastinate?! Recently I have started trying to set daily goals as an incentive and been attempting to stop any facebook use other than at lunch time...

But I am extremely bad for procrastinating, especially in the form of taking on new unrelated to work/PhD projects which I end up spending far too much time on. I think trying to refocus and aim for something could help though. So any advice anyone can share I would appreciate too!

P

Get really angry at yourself for procrastinating! It worked for me, I was procrastinating and was so sick of it, I said enough is enough, yelled at myself, then I started working....

The other tip I have, is when you are working, leave it a little bit unfinished. A really easy nice fun bit to do. Then when you come back to it the next day, its easy to start up again because you have an easy thing to start with. That starts the work momentum.

HTH, potatoes