Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

research proposal style

E

Just found this forum and looks a good place to get advice!

I am currently doing an MA designed to prepare me for my PhD humanities/social science, but what I am finding most difficult is writing my own research proposal for the PhD. I know what I want to do but have been advised that it needs to be as 'technical' as possible. It was suggested I try and find an application that has been succesful in previous years - but this isn't exactly easy!

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good site/book to help me structure a proposal effectively? I have looked at the fudning websites, but they seem to concentrate on content rather than style!

Thanks

N

I am an undergrad so had no experience of anything like that. I had however been in business 18 years and knew how to articulate my idea. Try to find someone at your institution that has recent experience of a PhD and bride/beg/force them into helping you. Make it known that if it is crap you will tell everyone they helped!! This way the competitive edge comes out and they come good. Also I spoke to my potential supervisor before the submission and he gave me guidence in what he expected.