Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Time for me also to take a back seat

As the title of the message says, I'm another one taking a back seat (there's been plenty saying goodbye lately). Whilst I'm probably not going to completely disappear, I am going to greatly reduce my presence.

My reason for returning after a very long break was that I believed a friend was about to take up the PhD challenge. I was a science PhD quite a while back and my mate was humanities. I felt I needed a feel of the differences a humanities candidate might face. I'm 99% sure that is not going to happen now.

I need also to get on with my life so it's time to take my leave. So as I take a bow, I'd like to wish everyone the best and those still going through the process every success.

All the very best,

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

P.S. My website and blog at http://www.wearthesis.talktalk.net/ will remain for general PhD guidance. Feel free to pass this web link to others. I shall still be contactable by e-mail (via the website) or PM.

D

======= Date Modified 05 May 2012 02:04:07 =======
Good luck and thanks, Ian! It was definitely great having you around! 8-)

I've bookmarked your blog to read later. Even though I'm done, it's always interesting to learn other insights and experiences.

As one of the "stars" of the forum, your presence will be greatly missed!(up)(up)(up)

L

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your helpful advice and insights. Your presence will be missed.
Best of luck with all your future work. (up)

======= Date Modified 05 May 2012 23:36:30 =======
Hi Ian, sorry to hear that you are taking a break-or 'back seat'. I've enjoyed reading and adding to posts with you over the last couple of years and have thought that you always had an interesting and often quite different view on things, a unique and valuable perspective to offer.

I've got a few years to go with my study, (big sigh) so imagine I will haunt this forum for a while longer, although probably only making a quick visit on a once a week or fortnight basis (just a few too many balls in the air for me at the moment to do too much more). Perhaps I'll read your posts here and there in the future. All the best though with future plans, events and goals,

pjlu

L

Ah sorry to hear you're leaving Ian! Thank you for your advice over the last couple of years, and good luck in everything you do. I can recommend your website for advice and guidance to those who haven't seen it yet.

:-)

P

See you later Ian, I always enjoyed your replies.

Potatoes