Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Urgent! I Need Help!

G

I got a MPhil degree (UK) three years ago, and transferred to a PhD programme, but finally I dropped from PhD due to personal reason. But now I want to pursue a PHD degree. But I'm not located in the UK, so I want to find a distance learning or online PHD programme. By the way, I have written some chapters of the PhD thesis already. I only want to spend no more than one year to finish. Is it possible for any university to enroll me? I need your HELP URGENTLY! Thanks

S

if its really that urgent, I'd call the emergency services.

L

I've been looking into PhD programs to follow up with after I finish my MA in September. I haven't come across any online PhD "courses" persay, but I think that you should able to contact a professor/university department and explain your situation. I'm sure if you found a suitable disertation supervisor who would be willing to supervise through correspondance - shouldn't be a problem. I'll be writing my MA disertation in the United States this summer and communicating with my advisor by phone and email. A good place to find PhD resources is www.postgrad.com. Good Luck!

P

Am sure there should be some recognition of prior learning if the institution you were enrolled at is recognised by the new institution you want to join.

N

Well, I take it the Open University must offer things online... You should check their website (www.open.ac.uk I think) and contact them.