Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

what to include in an email to potential postdoc PI

T

Dear all,

I am thinking of emailing a PI whose advertised postdoc position interests me a lot. I would like to have advices on what to include in such an email. Thanks a lot!

T

T

Quote From TerryCH:
Dear all,

I am thinking of emailing a PI whose advertised postdoc position interests me a lot. I would like to have advices on what to include in such an email. Thanks a lot!

T

I searched online for relevant information. Most professional-blog advice gives me such an impression that the email approaching the postdoc employer is similar to a cover letter in which one introduces themselves in terms of how competent they are and why they fit the position.

I already have a general idea of the recruiting project and also would like to ask more details about it when contacting the PI. I was wondering if this is appropriate, and if so, what is normally asked and how to best frame the questions.

Thanks very much!

T

T

I would say in addition to that include your research experience in short, i.e. what projects you have done and what technical skills you posses. That helps them connect to you. Also, read this article I stumbled upon yesterday and it looked useful to me: