Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Will you do TA for this amount of money?

T

So there's this teaching assistant position available and it will pay $30 per hour. But, you can only work maximum 5 hours per week. So that means $30 * 5 * 4 = $600.

Would you do it?

D

It's not much money, so it really depends upon how much you need. Do you have other stipend or grant money coming in? If not, are the TA hours flexible and/or leave enough room to earn money doing something else? Also, is a TA position something that will help your CV? Will you get to teach some classes, or will you be spending a lot of time photocopying?

T

Quote From Dalmation:

It's not much money, so it really depends upon how much you need. Do you have other stipend or grant money coming in? If not, are the TA hours flexible and/or leave enough room to earn money doing something else? Also, is a TA position something that will help your CV? Will you get to teach some classes, or will you be spending a lot of time photocopying?

Not really. I'm not sure about the TA hours; need to check with the school. I think it will! According to the jobs specs, the only job that I would be doing is teaching.

Thanks for the reply : )