Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Work habit

G

Hi, I wanted to know other people's work habits; I'm a first year PhD. Do you study till late at night ? Do study everyday (including W-E) ?
Cheers

G

Im a 1st year too. i work in the lab untill about six then i would study for about an hour and a half at home. what do you do?

G

I'm just coming to the end of my first year. I start early morning (about 6am) and work in the lab until about 3-4pm. I then go and do a bit or work at home, say an hour. It depends on what your PhD is in.

G

Thanks for replying back guys. I'm doing a PhD in Psychology (Year one; so there's not much lab work, if at all). I usually study in the afternoon and evening, from 2 to 6 and then from 7 to 9. I rarely work at night (except in very busy period). I'm also trying to work in the morning, say on hour or so. But I usually save the morning to collect materials at the library. How many hours of study a day would you say are enough ? Thanks.

G

The number of hours a day you study depends on you. Personally, some days i can't be bothered reading papers and so give myself a night off (usually after a busy day in the lab). However, other days i can spend up to 9 hours just reading. This usually happens though when I have no lab work to do and I can work at home.