Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Write, Write, Write!

P

In terms of "write, write, write", as fellow PhD students have suggested. Along with other documents, I am keeping a "Research Report", i.e. anything I would like to write about I keep it in this, like a draft thesis building up I guess. Is this a good idea? Has this or anything else worked for others on this?
Thanks

N

I'm only at MSc level but I like to keep a diary of what I am doing for my dissertation which includes references that I want to follow up and details from supervisor meetings etc. It just helps me to remember things, also I need to write a big reflective piece in a few months so will be keeping a diary for that. It sounds like our subjects are very different, but I think the principle is the same: its really helpful to write things down as you think of them, because you will probably never think of them in the same way again, if that makes sense.

S

Yes, this is a good idea. I use a nice notebook in which I record all sorts of things - details of meetings, references needing to be followed up, ideas for future work, contact names and details etc. It's my bible. It's good to have this info centrally to help keep track of work.