Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

How do I apply into an existing PhD project

S

Please help. I have been looking for a PhD in public health with little success. You see my background is economics but I have always wanted to address issues in health (long story ... limited choice in a developing country. But I have done very good as an economist). Now several potential supervisors having read my proposal have called it good, but seeing my lack of background in health they have advised that I should consider doing a topic in health economics.

So I have taken some time to do just that have come across several calls for applications for projects on matters that I really care about (those professors really know what they were talking about). So here is the hurbdle. My mind literally goes numb the moment I try to submit my applications. You see, I have no idea what the research team is looking for in terms of an application seeing that they are pretty set on what issue they intend to address, why and how. How do I make my expression o interest stand out?

Could you share a few tips on how to approach this?

T

Are you applying to a funded project where it asks you to just apply with a CV and cover letter? And are you thinking you need to submit a proposal to that?