Blogging terms and conditions of use
If you wish to maintain a personal blog, you must agree to the terms and conditions below.
Please note: If you simply wish to ask a question, then please create a new thread instead of starting a personal blog.
Acceptance of Terms
- With respect to all content (both text and graphics) you elect to post on the Blog, you grant us a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable and worldwide right and licence to use, reproduce and deal with such content by all means whatsoever, (including, without limitation in print and in electronic form).
- The content of the Blog is for private, non-commercial use by you.
- You agree not to use the Blog to:
Violation of any of the above terms is likely to lead to the immediate removal of all material posted on the Blog by you without notice, warning or explanation to you and such violation could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party.
- post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, fraudulent, discriminatory, provokes or encourages violence or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity;
- post any content which you do not have a right to post;
- post any content that may damage the reputation or good will of us, or any third part;
- post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- post any content that would infringe any UK laws;
- harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users;
- post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised commercial advertising or promotional materials;
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- We reserve all copyright in all content (both text and graphics) created by us our our employees. You may not re-purpose, re-publish, or re-present this content in any medium or format without the prior written consent.
- Users of the Blog who are under the age of 16 years of age are urged to get leave of a parent or guardian before starting to use the Blog, and are further urged not to reveal any person details, including where they live, where they attend school, how old they are, or what their telephone number is.
- The Blog may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting out of or in connection with your use or the inability to use the service or any other matter relating to the service.
- Disaster Recovery: in the event of Server Hardware Failure a system restore will follow and the risk of lost items could be incurred. No out of hours support will be provided.