archeology

S

hi i'm a student and i would study archeology in england or in usa.can someone tell me where are some good places to study that?

P

I'm an archaeologist. Before I can answer your question I need some more information.
What period are you interested in?
What level do you want to study at?
Are there any sites/ countries you're particularly interested in the archaeology of?
S

S

hi pamplemuosse! thanks for your help!
i'm interesting to be an archeologist and would find a school whit i can work then the university, i know that a big problem for the archeologist is not finding work.i must start the university now and i haven't a particular country where i could study.can i ask you if you usually work?thanks!

P

Hi

I get the feeling you've not quite answere Pample's question.... tell people your 'area' of interest, the historical periods of study, and so on.

The other concern you raise with job opportunities is another matter altogether....

P

SARALINDA
I really don't understand your question, and you haven't answered mine!
On the subject of jobs, things are tough for archaeologists now. Commercial archaeology, which most archaeologists do, has been hit hard by the recession because of a reduction in the number of building projects. Even when there's lots of building work these jobs tend to be short term contracts, therefore insecure, and poorly paid.
S