career development for funding the study

A

Hi all
I am a totally new person in this forum.
I want to know more about how to use career development to support the cost of study in UK. I have accepted in Leeds University, but still find the way to cover the cost. Thank you for all suggestions

G

If you're not a UK citizen you won't be able to get a Career Development Loan if thats what you mean.

R

It depends, I thought if you were an EU resident you could still get a CDL caus the stipulation for it is that you don't work outside the EU for the next so many years (in my case 5 caus thats how long its gonna take me to pay back the loan with the economy at the moment)
Anyhow the CDL comes from 3 banks although since RBS is struggling atm i wouldn't get it from them, I used Co-op. Its a loan that you get in a lump sum, pay your tuition out of nad then use the rest to help you out. I'e got a 8k loan from them which I can spread the cost of paying back over 5 years, it ties me down which is horrible, but on the other hand it paid for the MA! Its quite good and you get a break for a couple of months afterwards before you have to pay it back which means atleast you can find a job. You just apply, provide a breakdown of what you need for funding i.e. how much for fees, how much for books, how much for rent etc etc...
Thats the jist really...just make sure you can pay it back!