Coursework!!!!!!!!

M

Is there anybody else out there that has let Christmas completely get in the way of their Master's coursework and faces a mountain to climb in January as a result? Be good to hear from you so I know I am not alone. My situation is made worse in that I am a part-time student and have to go back to work on Monday! I planned to use the 2 week Christmas break to devote all of my efforts on my coursework but the festivities have gotten in the way and I have done nothing because of either partying or being hungover from partying!! Please let me not be the only one out there suffering . . . .

S

======= Date Modified 02 Jan 2010 21:13:53 =======
Hello

I'm doing a thesis, not course work, but also am behind because of having too much fun at Christmas. Once I remembered how to relax, it was so lovely not working all the time and I got right into it. So now I'm really behind and need to send my sup some work which I haven't done yet...I'm also working full-time in a 'real' job for the next few weeks, which will put me further behind...

...so yes, you're definitely not alone. I've just woken up after having dreams about being chased, so think my guilty conscience is getting to me...

P

Yup - me too! I also work full-time, and allegedly study part-time, but tbh it hardly feels like it sometimes. I am never completely on top of things, and always chasing my tail....Christmas (and life) do have a habit of occupying my wakeful, productive hours too much. What's left of me for study-time is hardly worth writing home about, I'm constantly exhausted!!

Sorry about the rant...I, too, have coursework due on tuesday. This was supposed to be my sensible friday night in where I get loads done, but as you can tell from the fact I'm posting here......hasn't happened! So, M_heneghan, I don't know if there's safety in numbers, but you're not the only guilt-ridden, tired, stressed part-timer this new year....

K

======= Date Modified 19 Jan 2010 10:49:26 =======
I have personally suffered from a complete lack of motivation for my MSc since Xmas.  I have had this one assignment which is residual from last semester to finish for this Friday.  Almost there but its slow going.  I think once new semester starts on Monday I will have new classes and a some new, fresh subjects to study. I also had water damage in my flat which doesn't help one concentrate, particularly when you have about 5 different contractors round everyday making a hell of a noise.  Its good though, people who work in the trades generally like football so I manage to have a good hour-long conversation.  Probably doesn't help the coursework or the speed of the repair job. :p