Dissertation

H

======= Date Modified 25 41 2009 23:41:47 =======
Does anyone know where to find the pass rate for MSC courses? I am currently writing my dissertation to hand in soon and am very worried about whether it will pass or not? My supervisor has checked it and told me to make some changes, but would he be in a position to tell me if my dissertation was really bad and not likely to pass? I have passed all of my other modules but it seems my fate lies with passing this dissertation!!! :-( any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

R

You should check your course handbook for assessment criteria, as percentages for grading might vary slightly between universities. These things should be transparent and available for all students so that they know how their work is assessed, though you might need to ask your course administrator or academic staff if there's no obvious sign of the info.

S

I'm not sure how knowing the pass rate will help you improve your dissertation. I'm guessing that your supervisor is merely suggesting improvements (those of us doing PhDs are only too familiar with these) rather than necessarily suggesting your dissertation is weak. As Rubyw says, you should compare it with marking criteria to see where you think you stand.