Dropping out of Masters?

A

I started my masters this September following a year of working after my graduation. I’m finding my course a lot more difficult than I expected and I can feel my mental health going downhill. I’ve asked for help from tutors and done the extra reading to try and help myself but I really do not want to continue with this course. I live with my partner who is also doing a masters and my only option would be to find work in order to pay rent and bills. How do I explain this on my CV? Has anyone else been in this situation who can offer advice?

P

Quote From ablew95:
I started my masters this September following a year of working after my graduation. I’m finding my course a lot more difficult than I expected and I can feel my mental health going downhill. I’ve asked for help from tutors and done the extra reading to try and help myself but I really do not want to continue with this course. I live with my partner who is also doing a masters and my only option would be to find work in order to pay rent and bills. How do I explain this on my CV? Has anyone else been in this situation who can offer advice?

If you're set on leaving your course, ask if there is an exit qualification you could receive for the work you've done so far. I believe if you've completed 3 modules (or 1 term's worth of content) you can get a PGCert - you'd have to check this with your university however, as some institutions might not offer it.