GAH! argh qoriuoqierafhka****fkkhjkll!!! venting

S

ugh, i haven't watched tv for 2 months, only sat in the library, STILL got to finish off my short paper that i was supposed to finish a week ago, got a final written exam next week (24th july) which i HAVE NOT done anything for yet - just been looking for literature for it and copying it. my parents are here, so i can't stay in the office till dawn. only found out last week that i can't have this written exam in august cause everyone's on holiday (except me), so have to do it quickly now and hope i get the needed grade.

S

i'm going home to my parents' place tomorrow in germany (they practically live next to my home uni) and going to live in the library till next thursday - GAAAAH!
am worried that my prof won't be available to read my MA thesis in september and be quick about it and that i won't be able to finish my degree before 22nd september and then i won't get into UCL!!!

haven't slept for 3 days cause my brain's in overdrive, fell asleep in the office today. have to go home now and cook for my poor parents, they haven't seen much of me

S

ack - i'm totally freaked! sleep deprivation isn't helping much...

S

ack - i'm totally freaked! sleep deprivation isn't helping much...

J

Life's a pain in the behind sometimes, isn't it?

Hope things settle down for you

V

Chill...I identify with you, I'm going through the same thing (although I cope with it better but everyone's different).

There's loads of TV online, check out the sites of different channels, youtube, surf the channel, tudou and youku.

I don't have the problem of being on my own during summer because all my flatmates are postgrads. We're not close but it's nice to chat to them when I see them in the kitchen. What has kept me going was remembering how much money I invested (and will have to pay back) and that doing well will improve my future prospects. I always reminded myself: short term pain for long term gain. Just one year of hell for a more blissful life (hopefully).

S

i mean everyone who works at my uni is on holiday in the summer - i'm not alone in my flat... although i wouldn't mind. am staying with my parents right now until the exam next week (they live in the same city my uni is located in - i don't normally). have been reading 8 hours/day (not counting breaks) in the library and my bum hurts cos the chairs are wooden *grrrrrrrr* took a pillow with me today, that helped. but a lot less distractions than when i'm home. i don't have internet access at uni, i just come out of the library to drink coffee or eat something and then go back in again. boring, but at least i feel i'm getting somewhere with the topic now!

i am worried i won't make my conditional offer (ridiculously high) - or maybe i won't get my degree here wrapped up in time for september - eeeeek!