Hating on the writing

K

I'm currently writing up my masters thesis and I have nothing but hate for it. There is a large chunk of my research that is being cut out and I'm stressing more about that than the actual writing.

I love the part I'm including. Most of it is written now, but it's so demotivating every time I realise how much I'm not including. It feels like I did so much work for nothing. That then stops me from continuing and frustrates the hell out of me.

Basically, I know I'm staying over nothing and I know it's not gonna help, but a) I need to let it out - I've struggled to portray this to my supervisors - and b) for those of you who have finished the write up, how did you get through it?

Weirdly, I struggle more with the wiring in the day than I do at night.

T

I have the same problem during the day, I am not able to write. If you can get yourself to finish a complete draft, then you can focus on the fact that you at least got to put some stuff you thought was interesting down and maybe you can publish your other stuff as a paper or on a blog? I'm so set on being finished that its just so difficult to write because I'm so over it.