in search of a masters

D

Im a university student about to finish an Bsc honours degree in sport and exercise management in ucd, dublin. While doing this course i found that i had greater interests elsewhere in neuroscience and in physiotherapy but chose to finish out this course.
I am now looking for possible ways of getting into a postgraduate course in either neuroscience or physiotherapy.
What are the best ways of doing so in my position?
any advice at all is appreciated.
I would be open to doing such a course anywhere in europe!

L

My friend has just got into the University of Amsterdam's neuroscience masters course, even though her undergrad was in a different subject (biochemistry) - so it certainly is possible, at least with some courses. I'm also about to start a masters in a subject that is pretty different to my undergrad - it's more common than you think!

I'd advise that you check the course requirements for different courses you're interested in and see which accept people with different backgrounds - contact the unis directly if it's not clear and ask. Also, anything you can do at this stage to demonstrate your interest in the new subject won't hurt your application - for example, attending open lectures or writing a few relevant articles for your uni newspaper.

Good luck!