Job Prospects

K

Hi,
I am actually completing my masters in Business Economics and I was wondering what the job prospects are for this field. I did go to all the job fairs etc prior to taking this field but the thing is I've always been advised against taking it coz its way too saturated. It seems like the supply for economists is too high in any part of the world lol..( am an int student ). But I love this field and I believe in doing what you like.

Can anybody in this field (or any other field) advise me ..say, how I can improve my CV, what are the prospects etc .. I was thinking about doing a Phd. But am a family person with an infant so I can't commit another 2-3 years for studies ( or should I go for it????)

Thnak you :-)

D

Hi Kammani,

I wouldn't recommend taking a PhD unless you are sure that you want to stay in academia, especially with an infant. There are lots of great resources to help you make that decision and since you posted Manchester University launched a new one. Might be worth a look. www.manchester.ac.uk/academiccareer