Masters - no data yet

E

Hi all,
What happens if you aren't getting the data you need for your planned project? In my case, I am struggling to recruit participants and am limited in how I can access them. What happens to the thesis and more importantly the degree if you don't get any/enough analysable data?! D:
Thanks

C

What kind of timescale do you have, and is there any way of tweaking your research design a bit, either to make it easier for people to take part or to make better use of smaller numbers? I've had recruitment issues with my PhD, but I can appreciate that time will be a lot tighter with a Masters. In my case I've made a few changes to my design so that people could participate in more flexible ways, and I'm also planning to give a reflective account of the recruitment difficulties. Do you have a supervisor you can talk to about possible ways around the problem?

E

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the time frame bit is what is freaking me out. There is still time now (due September), as long as the rate picks up a bit.I've tried to broaden my recruitment strategy - removed one of my restrictions and will be advertising more widely. Hopefully it will do the trick.