Need to find the ideal institution

Z

Hi,

I am a Moroccan who has moved to London a couple of years ago , I have a bachelor degree In Marketing Communication from a Moroccan university and an MBA in International Business from an American university. I have been looking for a job for the past 2 years but I was not successful. All the replays were titled lack of experience. I tried to have an internship but I all the replays were ( degree not from an English university ).

I have been advised to do another MBA to keep my degree updated and after that I can easily apply for a job. Unfortunately a could not a find a university that suits my financial conditions.

Would you please tell me if you know any universities or institutes that would be helpful to my case.

Thank you for you time

Zouheir

G

I'm assuming you're not a UK/EU national. That being the case unfortunately you are [probably] going to really struggle here. When you say '..suits my financial conditions', I am again assuming you are looking for some kind of local financial assistance. That is very unlikely indeed. UK Uni's are in the business [eg. its a business to make money] of providing educations for foreign students. They will see you as a source of revenue, regretably at the non-EU rate, which as you have no doubt found it is quite considerable [eye-watering stuff for MBA's].

All this doesn't stop you looking, but I wouldn't have any great expectations. You may be better looking at funding this personally.

Z

thank you Golfpro for the advice ,i will keep trying , just want you to know that i am free in the uk as I am married to a British women .
i know that I have no chance to get a scholarship. I am hoping to find cheep part time course.
thank you

G

Puts a different complexion on things. A cheap, part-time MBA? Is there such thing as a cheap MBA? At Lancaster they go for about £17K F/T for UK students [I believe]. A very healthy figure. UK MBA's tend to be the most expensive of post grad qualifications. Regardless, best of luck with your search.

M

You might have gotten through with your MBA search by now but just in case you haven't, you can try distance learning MBAs. Many good UK Uni's offer this and they are usually fairly reasonable. You may have to pay around 4000 GBP per year. By distance the course usually takes about 2.5 or 3 years to complete. Search the net for Distance MBA programmes then check for the Uni's ratings.

Good luck

O

Strongly dis-agree with the advice given by Melt. Distance MBAs are usually no good and a waste of time, money and resources. They also don't offer the same content as not everything in an MBA course is purely theoretical. You need to be there phisically to get the most out of it, from your fellow students with different cultural backgrounds, case discussions and so on.
I'd recommend a FT MBA if you can afford it, it's perhaps the better option.

R

Distance Mba

A

Dear Student,

I currently work for College of Technology London and we offer a full MBA from University of Wales Lampeter and it means you won't go through PGD system (term 1 and 2) as it is very weak comparing to a full MBA. The PGD system allow you to pay much less for MBA programmes however they are not really sactisfatory in terms of teaching quality and perhaps in terms of a good preparation for your carrer. If you are interested to understand a lit bit more please email at: [email protected]

Good luck on your job hunting!

Alan

O

It is VERY important you check the status of the awarding body. There are many bogus providers around the world, especially MBA's. Most claim to be valid and back that up with "accreditation" by a body which seems legitimate but probably is not. Accreditation in the UK by BAC and DFES is NOT evidence degrees are genuine. Check at http://www.hero.ac.uk/uk/studying/things_to_consider_when_choosing_where_to_go_and_what_to_study/recognised_uk_degrees.cfm

If you are considering a UK MBA. Be careful if it is an Australian degree in the UK. AIBA is authorised to offer degrees IN AUSTRALIA ONLY.

Be wary of courses offered by "partner" colleges. They may be money making schemes (even if legal and backed by genuine universities; I know of 3 colleges offering legal UK degrees(as partners) where the standards are VERY low (I have taught in some (briefly), as well as better places). Check the times rankings. For USA check with CHEA, USDE and OSAC.