PGD in CS Study MSC in IT?

H

I'm Ahmed, want to find out if Iam eligible to be accepted for MSc in Information Technology without TOEFL in UK (London) Universities?,

Ahmed
Network Engineer
Nigeria

S

About two years ago I also wanted to find out if I needed a TOEFL or not. As TOEFL stands for "Test of English as a Foreign Language" and my mother tongue is English but my "father tongue" is not and I did not grow up in an English-speaking country, and did not know if I should put my "first" language as English (it is chronologically my first but in ability the other language has a slight edge), I thought I'd inquire. I sent the place I was applying to specific e-mails and filled in online forms and did all the right things but never got a single reply. The uni got some bad points on a feedback survey for that

S

Anyway, if you can't make a good case that english is your "first" language OR that you have taken university level education in a english speaking country, then you need the TOEFL. If the situation is unclear, ask the university you are applying to directly. If you don't get good answers, perhaps you should just go ahead and take the test. Or you can wait to see if they accept you (conditionally on your TOEFL) first, to save the expenses of the test in case they don't offer you a place.