Publish MSc project data?!

M

Hi,

I had my viva for my MSc thesis a couple of weeks ago and was encouraged (and given separate comments) to get it ready for publication by the two examiners. I was also asked by my course conveyer when I handed it in if my supervisor had spoken to me about writing it up for publication?- They are friends and I thought my supervisor may have mentioned me publishing to him.

All sounds well and good but my supervisor has never mentioned publishing!! When I emailed my supervisor to tell him that one of the examiners would send me the comments he just said 'send them to me when you get them , they may be useful in the future'.

I would really like to publish but feel like my supervisor does not want to?!

Can you publish on your own (I have finished my MSc and looking for a PhD so not registered at any uni) or do you need an affiliation with a department?

I am sure I should just explicitly ask but nervous about the best way to put it and what the response will be following my first attempt!

So frustrating when everyone else was so encouraging advise about how to go about this would be greatly appreciated

:-)

Thank you!(up)

B

Publish, the results are yours.

B

B

S

Inform your supervisor that you intend to publish. I published my MPhil on my own and my supervisor was fine with that.