Thesis methodology help

A

Hi,

I'm currently doing a research for my master thesis (MSc) and I have a problem with selecting the appropriate methodology. My research is associated with the field of Strategic Marketing and I would like to use a literature review based methodology due to the fact that I had a bad experience with empirical studies. Can somebody who have done any research that is solely based on theory help me or advice how should I structure my methodology.

Thank you,
ACM1899*

I

I think before you embark on a Literature Review methodology you need to find out if this meets the approval of your Supervisor. The purpose of your research will indicate which method is most suitable. In my experience literature reviews are mostly used in the fields of education and perhaps more commonly in health where you carry out Systematic Reviews (of the literature) to inform health care interventions or improve practice. I am not saying that this method is not suitable for your research but it depends on the nature and purpose - what outcomes are you expecting from carrying out the research?