Urgent-need advice and suggestions

S

Hello everyone,
I'm from india and i have done my masters(Mres) in Scotland,but unfortunately i got to passed with postgraduate diploma.I have been trying for jobs in India,but they wont consider a degree from Uk.so am in a very miserable situation.Now i would like know,whether am consider eligible to do PhD's in UK or any European countries,if not should am 'I even considered for any research assistant jobs in abroad?Or it simply means that with this pgdip,doesn't going to help me in any ways?
Please guys,please answer to my query!!!!!Pluhzzz

D

Hi Selena,

Sorry to hear about the situation you're in! For more information about studying for PhDs in the UK, try this website http://www.findaphd.com/student/study/study-1.asp

You can search for courses worldwide too and see the requirements for each course when you click on them.

Hope this helps!
Danielle

S

Thankx danielle for your reply
.But all i wanted to know is,whether this qualification will helps me to get some research assistant jobs in UK/Europe?Or because of my poor grade am'I not going acceptable by any uni any UK/abroad.

D

It all depends on which course you are applying for, as entry requirements differ at each university. Typically, those universities with higher rankings will have higher entry requirements. The normal requirement for a PhD studentship in the UK is a 2(i) degree or a 2(ii) plus an appropriate Masters degree. I would recommend searching for courses you are interested in and contacting the university directly to see if they would accept you based on your grade. You can find the university contact details on FindAPhD.com.

P

Hi,
I managed to get research assistant work without a MSc qualification (I did one after though). I know students who have gone straight from BSc to PhD so a MSc is not essential though helpful if your BSc isn't a great mark. Many students do the pgdip during their first year of PhD anyway, and so if you already have this then it can only be a good thing. As Danielle says, it is worth looking at different universities, as they all have slightly different requirements and some are easier to get into or get jobs at than others. Good luck!

S

Hello psychresearcher,

Thanx a ton for your reply!!So am wondering have U done ur B.Sc in UK?I was really worried about my situation as for the last one year i have been in india and trying for some jobs,but unfortunately couldn't find anything.I have done my Mres in biomedial sciences from scotland and as i already mentioned i got D1 grade,and i done my B.sc in biotech from india and passed with first class with distinction.I tried applying for many PhDs abroad,but not getting through it,so i thought because of not having passed Mres,i have lost everything,but ur reply make me feel better and just instill my faith that i can find something.