Writing Advice

P

It's me again!

I seem to be struggling with my writing. I am a mature student, who took 10 years off from high school, then came and did my undergraduate degree before starting a masters degree.

I am struggling and my feedback from my supervisor is, of course, the grammar and punction stuff, and organization of sentences and paragraphs. They believe I am having trouble transitioning to writing about your own project and making my arguments clear, but also that you've been reading too much lousy undergraduate writing.

I am planning on paying to have my thesis proofread, but I do not want to pay to have my proposal edited because of financial constraints. My supervisor does not meet with me regularly and we do not discuss my project. Their supervisory style is they are in the trunk of the car while I drive. Is there any advice you have for me to help guide my writing skills, other than writing classes at the University? (They only offer them, during times that conflict with my familial duties)

J

Throughout the years I have composed a considerable amount of posts about composing, which I trust others may discover helpful. Generally, they are basically passing on my encounters, and if there is any string to this exhortation it is that I trust I can help shape the way individuals consider their composition.