A master programme completely different than my graduate subject

D

Hello there,
I am a medical doctor and am already working as a family practitioner.I would like to join a master programme in English Literature.Is it possible ?Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
Thanks in advance.

H

Hi,
Yes, it is possible, and I can't see any problems with this. Universities are businesses and they are looking for bums on seats at the end of the day.

Go for it, if this is what you want to do. I'm sure you have many transferable skills.

I've noticed there has been cross-discipline areas of postgraduate funded research you might be interested in, such as English literature and medical humanities, but you might be looking to do something completely different.

D

Hi DrDuzgun,
As per my experience you will not have any issue by doing Master program in English. Though, you are from medical background, you can pursue this course. For the people who have a zeal to get expertise/master in a specific language need not worry as any language can be learnt by anyone irrespective of educational background/profession. I would suggest to go with online master programmes to save your time and continue your current profession. The Language Gallery may fulfill your requirement.

H

I think the original poster is looking for English literature masters courses rather than English language.