Advise about masters program after BA in interior design

G

Thank you for your help.
I am currently holding a Bachelor of arts in interior design and been working in my domain for the past 5 years. I decided i want to study for a masters in order for me to get better job opportunities and have a better future. My question and request is, what masters program would allow me to have a better work future, BA in interior design would only get me behind a office desk or i should work as a freelancer, and i am luckier than others to actually find a job in this domain. What are my options that would guarantee me a better future... I asked my old teachers and they advised me to either do history of art and become a teacher or to go into retail design. Anyone has any advise for me on what i should do? I am confused and i don't want to spend my saved money on a masters program that would send me back to my current place. Thank you for your help and time, i really appreciate it.

T

I don't know too much about this, but I would guess that a masters isn't really going to help you and you are better off continuing to get more experience in your field.

S

I don't know where you are based but my MA was in History of Design at the RCA/V&A and could be a good option for you to explore design from historical and theoretical angles! Also the Bard Graduate school in NY offers this programme