Boconni: MS in ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT IN ARTS, CULTURE, MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT

A

Hello everyone,
I'm currently finishing my BA in Economics in a top economics/finance school in Russia and considering getting an MS degree to prepare for a career in fashion industry (management/brand-management/buying, or finance - less interested in this one). I've got a substantial quantative background while studying for my BA (econometrics, corporate finance, etc.) but I'm not really interested in working in the finance sphere (banking, IB, consulting). I'm really passionate about fashion/luxury goods retail (particularly high-fashion though) and would like to hold a job in some luxury retail company or a multinational holding. So I've researched several degrees available in european schools and the one that seems the best to me is Boconni's Master's of economics and management in arts, culture, media and entertainment. Could anyone provide some info on this program and the uni itself? Would it be a useful degree to aquire or a degree in management/international business would suit better for my career goals?

I

Don't know about this programme but Boconni is a good university by European standards (i.e. it ranks well amongst European unis especially in Economics). You're like me you don't like finance/IB/consulting but are you planning to start a business in high-fashion industry or just work for a retail company, and what kind of job would you be looking at in this retail company? If you were going to start your business I would've certainly suggested doing an MBA as opposed to MSc Economics and management in arts etc... Did you read the prospectus on the course?

A

Quote From incognito:
Don't know about this programme but Boconni is a good university by European standards (i.e. it ranks well amongst European unis especially in Economics). You're like me you don't like finance/IB/consulting but are you planning to start a business in high-fashion industry or just work for a retail company, and what kind of job would you be looking at in this retail company? If you were going to start your business I would've certainly suggested doing an MBA as opposed to MSc Economics and management in arts etc... Did you read the prospectus on the course?

I'm not so sure about my own business, I guess working somewhere like LVMH or Kering is my goal, brand-management, buying or some other managerial position is what I'm ultimately aiming at. MBA is something to think about after a few years of working in the industry and knowing exactly what you need it for, from my point of view. Of course I've looked through the prospectus, it seems rreally interesting for me, you can choose one of 5 majors and one of them is Fashion and Design - ideal for me.

I

I'm not so sure about my own business, I guess working somewhere like LVMH or Kering is my goal, brand-management, buying or some other managerial position is what I'm ultimately aiming at. MBA is something to think about after a few years of working in the industry and knowing exactly what you need it for, from my point of view. Of course I've looked through the prospectus, it seems rreally interesting for me, you can choose one of 5 majors and one of them is Fashion and Design - ideal for me.

Ok then sounds like this is the course for you! Go for it.