Low undergraduate score in Mathematics

H

Good Day,

My major is Math (B.SC. from the Faculty of Science - Math. dept) and I've worked for several years as a math. teacher for middle/secondary levels and lately I'm teaching privately only which proved to be more convenient to me (to evade very bad disciplines in most schools)

Nowadays I wanna prepare for a masters degree in Math. in order to join any teaching position in community colleges. My main problem is that I have humbled undergraduate score which doesn't entitle me to any program as virtually all masters programs require outstanding B.SC. scores. My mathematical maturity grown up a lot over the years (from continuous reading) and I've the enthusiasm so my question is where/how to start?

For example, is there any masters program that can formally assess where I'm currently standing off and let me start from where I'm currently at towards the masters program? (even if that will require me to take some of their undergraduate courses before the masters program)
OR
Is it possible to do a pre-masters followed by the masters program (Unfortunately, I haven't seen any university that offer that)

I'm fine with any college/university anywhere in any English speaking country.

P.S. . Another hurdle is having 3 letters of recommendation. It has been a while since I started teaching privately and I can't think of anyone who would bother writing me a recommendation. What should I do to evade this bureaucratic (in my opinion) requirement?

Any advices would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks!

V

Hi,this is my first post on this forum so hopefully i can be helpful. I know a couple of people who have been allowed to do masters in math with a 2.2,, and a 2.3, when the requirement was a 2.1 and that is at one of the top 10 unis in london. it all came down to the head of the masters program, who was one of their undergraduate leturers, and he agreed to let them on the program which they eventually passed. I would say to you that because you would be entering as a mature student, you actually have a lot of credibility. Go to the websites of very good unis, and get the email addresses of the heads of the masters programs and send them each an email explaining your circumstances, they will be able to advise you. it is very possible that you get accepted with no testing, but of course you would need to make sure that your math is good before starting. get a hold of the syllabus.