Funding request

E

I need advice, this year was a year I was suppose to have graduated for my Msc, however circumstances failed me.
1st: My supervisor was not co-operative, he did not submit feedback, unless you poke him
2nd: He was not straight with corrections needed, till the last draft
3rd: My thesis writing was the last in his list, hence he never pay focus in, marking and giving feeding well-thought feedback. he will browse, fing one wrong sentence or paragraph and sent back the whole doc, assuming everything was wrong
4th: I loss focus, was demotivated and felt I am not good enough for this
5th: I had to stand up, sit him down and we went through the doc sentence by sentence, that was June
6th: We did half of corrections in that approach, the rest I did on my own using corrected version as my model
7th: He just did not care, what time i finish

Eventual I submitted, now the problem is I don't have money to pay my fees. Normal he will pay, but this year he said he is not willing to pay a cent to all finishing student (that include me). That was however last year and I agree, based on the progress I have made last year and hope that atleat by March-May I will be done with my Thesis, which would have meant I pay 1/4 of my fees.
Current situation means payment of Full tuition fees: Which I dont have. How can I approach my supervisor to discuss that, he pay my fees for this year. He is 2hours drive from where I live normal we communicate via e-mail. Do I sent that e-mail, what words do I use.Thanks

R

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Elethuthemba. Could you speak to your supervisor one-to-one, on the phone?

M

Hi Elethu. I'm really sorry to hear about the horribly unfair way you have been treated. However all is not lost because there are lots of grants for women in education that you can try for e.g. http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/fees/Funding-for-Women.cfm The main problem you might experience is that you normally get the grants before starting. However your circustance are special, and you should explain them so that they are fully understood by the funding body.

If you don't have luck with this or other grants, then I suggest that you contact the absolutely wonderful Cherie Blair Foundation http://www.cherieblairfoundation.org/ which is about empowering women in business. They provide all kinds of grants to women and I'm sure will be very sympathetic to the gender aspects of your problem.

Hope this helps :)