All this damn snow!!

K

======= Date Modified 20 Dec 2010 22:02:57 =======
Hey all! Anyone else had enough of this damn snow? Now I know it's nice and festive but I spent nearly two hours trying to dig my car out of its spot on the driveway at the bottom of a hill there's no way I can drive it up. I was unsuccessful, and my rescue team with it's 4X4 (i.e. dad) is coming to tow me out on Wednesday. Just to take the biscuit, I've got a bug that's going round and I puked in the snow whilst trying to dig my car out. It made a pretty pattern but that wasn't really much consolation. Sorry, too much detail. I do like snow in theory....but in reality it's pretty irritating! Best, KB

S

hi keenbean
I love the snow :-) but yes I would like it to stop
the streets always get messy by noon; its awful

I hope you're ok, put that shovel away and get some rest!!!
:-)
love satchi

S

I've had enough of it now really, my brother in-law is unable to get back form Canada at the moment his flight was meant to be touching down on Sunday but it all got cancelled and grounded. Hopefully he will manage to get the last flight home before Christmas today or Christmas day could be a bit of a let down with most of the family moping around feeling sorry for him and themselves!! So i have my fingers crossed for a flourish of Christmas magic as I haven't seen him in a year!!

B

Arrgh KB you poor thing.

Will it help if I say I am sitting in 28 degrees sunny Celcius by the Arabian Sea right now? ;-)

But am dreading returning to icy UK on 6th Jan!

N

I'm fed up with it as well, last night my dad skidded on ice when reversing his landrover out of the driveway straight into my little car which was parked on the road, and knocked a wing mirror off. So I couldn't drive to the stables this morning before work and had to make my dad drive me at 6.30am! Snow looks pretty enough but it makes everything take ten times longer and it's a nightmare with the horses; it wasn't as cold this morning (London) so hopefully the snow will start to melt a bit today.

Good luck everyone!

P

I'm in Somerset and it's been pretty bad here with a severe weather warning yesterday. The Clarks shopping village in Street was completely closed - they are going to lose so much money. Hurrah for Christmas capitalism! I had a job interview in Bristol and tried to set off but it was ridiculous. I phoned to check whether the interviews were still going ahead and they said yes but then I was told that quite a few people had cancelled and not to take the risk if it was going to be too difficult to get there. They are re-arranging the interviews so that's OK but I was hoping to know whether I had a job before Xmas.