Any Aussies?

P

Hi everyone, do any Aussies on here (I'm sure there are some) have access to the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper archive? I know the precise page I need, from 1966. Can you PM if you have? Best, PD.

P

PS I say Aussies because I think most people with an Australian library card / Uni card have access to it?

M

Quote From pd1598:
Hi everyone, do any Aussies on here (I'm sure there are some) have access to the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper archive? I know the precise page I need, from 1966. Can you PM if you have? Best, PD.

Not an Aussie and currently in the UK, but for some reason my past exchange university (ANU) forgot to cancel my access to their online system so I can still use the remote proxy to get into the library system.

So if ANU has access to the SMH archives, then I could probably help you out ;)

Also, have you tried Trove (National Library of Australia)? They seem to have a digitised collection of the SMH archives.

P

Thank you very much, I've sent you a PM :)

M

Haven't been able to get the article for pd1598, so he still requires your help ;)

Sorry my university has this only available on microform dating back to 1977 as earliest records-visible in library only of state capital (some 2.5 hours commute). Not helpful, and you may find other Australian forumites have similar constraints. As Mr Fox says is Trove any good? This link may help but you may have to pay something for the article:

H

Hi

I have access to all Australian databases including Factiva.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

Hannah :-)