Anyone in London? Can't believe the news at the moment

C

I gave up on working in the end as I was spending longer on the Gaurdian website looking at the updates.

======= Date Modified 09 Aug 2011 00:54:35 =======
No not in London, but praying it doesn't come to my beautiful city.

People have been saying this would happen for a while, I just didn't think this soon. Pressure.

It's in my home town :(

I can't believe it's in CLAPHAM! MY GOD.

C

I know, Clapham ia not a place I'd think would have riots/looting! Or Collier's Wood which is near where my Mum lives.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f7&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.536086%2C-0.056305&spn=0.39294%2C0.630341&z=10&source=embed

the UK is having a break down

the Irish reporter on BBC news is having a break down.

D

All a bit crazy, barely slept last night thanks to loads of sirens wailing and more already this evening since I've got home. Just hoping where I am doesn't get anything...

A

I think it is important to keep away from the trouble areas, to not even go to have a look out of a sense of history, desire to investigate etc..

If trouble comes to you it is different, you could not avoid it.  But people can be affected by just being in the general area of some incident.

Angelette.

A

I think it is important to keep away from the trouble areas, to not even go to have a look out of a sense of history, desire to investigate etc..

If trouble comes to you it is different, you could not avoid it.  But people can be affected by just being in the general area of some incident.

Angelette.

D

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2011 09:08:58 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
--inappropriate content--

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2011 09:48:56 =======
There have been lots of smashed up cars, pubs and shops where I live - we saw a group smashing up cars with golf clubs on tuesday, and our car was parked about 20 yards away. We were kept awake with sirens and helicopters all night :-(

B

Really hope you are all okay. I'm not too far from Manchester and that had serious issues, which made me worry and get an awful nights sleep.

======= Date Modified 10 Aug 2011 09:48:38 =======
Ignore me :p

Hope you're all okay too. I'm in Nottingham and they were firebombing police stations here, it got a bit scary for some of my friends but luckily nothing too bad happened. Where I am was all very quiet though.

H

Its awful and seriously disturbing- is it just me who can't concentrate on work?