Does anyone have any of these lying around?

W

I'm doing a reliability study for the questionnaire that I've made. It's the final bit of data collection and analysis for me. Then I have to write, write, write. I'd like to ask if anyone has access to the following articles. I think they are all on Sage, but my uni doesn't have access to any of them.

Shoukri, M. M., M. H. Asyali, et al. (2004). "Sample size requirements for the design of reliability study: review and new results." Statistical Methods in Medical Research 13(4): 251-271.

Douglas, G. B. (2002). "Sample size requirements for estimating intraclass correlations with desired precision." Statistics in Medicine 21(9): 1331-1335.

Donner, A., Eliasziw, M. (1987). Sample size requirements for reliability studies. Statistics in Medicine. 6(4): 441-8

Would it be okay for anyone who has access to see if they can get any of them for me, please? Thank you.(robin)

yep wal I think I have the first two. I'll dig out your email from the last time you pmd me

W

Thank you, Sneaks :-) I've got two books that cover designing and testing questionnaires. I'll send them to you now. (up)

I've tried for the third one but it won't let me access it.

W

That's okay. Have you got the Oppenheim book? That's possibly the best one. I have it if you don't but it's 20 mb, so I'll have to upload it.

no haven't got it Wal - but I'm doing the stats on my study 2 at the mo. I will be getting onto the questionnaire one very soon though, so will have a read through the ones you've sent over and then bug you if I need it!

I thought the stats on my second one would be easy, but they don't seem to be :-(

J

Do you still need them - I think I can get them for you - pm me if you need them (or if only some which ones)

W

Quote From jepsonclough:

Do you still need them - I think I can get them for you - pm me if you need them (or if only some which ones)

Hi, jepsonclough. Sneaks has helped me to get two of them. The only 1 I need, if you can get it, is: Donner, A., Eliasziw, M. (1987). Sample size requirements for reliability studies. Statistics in Medicine. 6(4): 441-8

It's not big deal if you can't of course, but if you do have the article it would be very helpful. :-)

J

The last one seems to be only available in print copy - Don't know where you are but I know Liverpool Uni has it and I suspect others with medical schools do too. You can usually just go in and look at print copies or you can get a spcial card to use for borrowing. Depending on arrangements from your uni though it might be easier to get it on interlibrary loans - my PhD uni gives us PhDers free interlibrary loans (but no-one at my work uni knows how to claim the money spent on interlibrary loans back)

W

Thanks for looking, Jepsonclough. I suspected it might be print only given it's age. I may just get a copy via the British Library, though I'm not too far away from Liverpool and Manchester. Lucky you wrt getting free interlibrary loans (when you figure how to get paid back for it). My uni are a stingy lot.

B

An alternative might be to get a photocopy, since it's a really short paper. Copyright libraries like the National Library of Scotland should be able to help with this. The NLS have sent me low-cost photocopies, and they're fast, and take credit/debit card payments which speeds things further.

W

Thanks for the suggestion, Bilbo. If I do it via my uni library it'll cost about £2-50, so I'll look at doing it that way. :-(

W

Sorry, should have been: :-)

B

That's cheaper than the photocopies would be. They're low cost, but have to add in postage too.

Good luck tracking down that last paper!

G

Taking into consideration the charm you have brought into this forum with your vocabulary...I will give it a go as well may be a bit later.