emergency HELP with endnote!!!

S

OMG, i'm dying here guys! i had to switch to a different computer (mac) to finish my thesis and now my endnote library won't work - and i have to finish the damn thesis today! i've copied the endnote library file, i've installed endnote 7 (onto word 2004) and i've even managed to get endnote into the tools folder in word (using add-ins) - but the damn endnote commands won't do anything! something is still missing, i just don't know what. endnote 7 is working fine, word is working fine too, i just can't connect the two programs with each other...
does anyone know i've got to do that? i can't face writing all my references by hand, i haven't got the time for this shit, i haven't even started studying for my exam next thursday
:-s:-s:-s

A

Go to the endnote web site and from the support page download and install whatever updates they have for the version of endnote you are using. That usually installs and configures the right plug-ins and then try again. I hope that helps.

S

i sort of remember from when i installed endnote on a mac a few years ago, that it was quite a lot more complicated than installing it on windows. it's been a while but i remember finding help on the help pages. also i seem to remember that it involved installing word AFTER installing endnote. - so re-installing word after everything else was done.

good luck in your final hours!

L

Have you checked that endnote 7 is compatible with word 2004? I would check that out and maybe go to adeptscientific website and see if there are any updates you need to install etc. It may be that you need to manually instal CWYW? Not an expert but using endnote on a mac is way easier but I use Endnote X with office 2004. Just an idea!

S

phew... i managed it! went to bed at 9 am after hours of frantic crying though... :-( i will NEVER change computers when using endnote again!!!
in the end it turned out that endnote 7 just isn't compatible with word 2004 (grrrrr), thankfully i also had endnote x with me so i installed that as well. after conversion my library worked, even though word is PAINFULLY slow with endnote x (like, scroll and then wait a few minutes...).

well, I DID IT, the thesis is finished! 135 pages (faints) now i've gotta go to uni and check about printing and binding.

S

i sent it, i sent it!!!! OMG, it is done, my supervisors have the pdf, are printing it out and reading it AT THIS SECOND (well, obviously, my research is ground-breaking, exciting, innovative and TOTALLY fascinating... *grins*)!!!
ok, now i'm off to the library, my last (oral) exam is next thursday and i have no idea about the topic (practically). how to read 3 fat books in 6 days? will be a challenge.

R

Quote From swantje:

how to read 3 fat books in 6 days?

Fast.

S

Quote From r:

Quote From swantje:

how to read 3 fat books in 6 days?

Fast.

mwahahaaahaaa! (laughs maniacally)