Eurovision joy and pain. Huff........................................

C

In my opinion, the Spanish boyband was robbed. Are Iberian good looks not enough anymore? ;-)

P

I only caught the last 20 mins when I got in last night, but Terry Wogan has certainly not lost his touch.

Scooch aren't big with the eastern block then?!

H

It's rubbish, why does the UK even bother.

C

The competition or the entry this year, or the fact that we lost?

A

The whole thing is farcical with the political voting and terrible presenting but it's worth it just for Terry's sarcasm. I found it more entertaining years ago when all entrants had to sing in their country's native language. Then you could use Ceefax to bring up the English subtitles and fall about laughing at the hilarious lost-in-translation lyrics

T

The subtitles this year seemed just to repeat the song in it's original language - no fun!

H

I was talking about the competition in general. The same countries always vote for their "friends" and give no points to their enemies "the UK".

Most of the music is crap apart from a few songs.

It's a big joke really and makes a mockery of a competition that actually used to be really entertaining.

Am I the only one to notice that the Irish singer couldn't even sing in tone?

J

The Irish entry sucked: all it was missing was a leprechaun drinking poteen.

I agree with Ann. Also it was funnier when it was all Eurodisco; not much to smile about with those maudlin Eastern European ballads. Funny how the UK has finally given in and gone for the cheesy Eurosdisco...just as the rest of Europe goes for the tragic ballad (which could be about the failed turnip harvest for all I know).

I voted for Germany this year!

J

The Irish entry sucked: all it was missing was a leprechaun drinking poteen.

I agree with Ann. Also it was funnier when it was all Eurodisco; not much to smile about with those maudlin Eastern European ballads. Funny how the UK has finally given in and gone for the cheesy Eurosdisco...just as the rest of Europe goes for the tragic ballad (which could be about the failed turnip harvest for all I know).

I voted for Germany this year!

C

I was dismayed when my Swedish friends were able to use their mobiles to text vote for Sweden. No fair. Tut tut....

S

i think it is funny how the post-contest discussions resemble those in swiss online discussions... switzerland also lost, didn't even make it to the finals, and now everyone is shouting "politics" and "why has switzerland no friends?"...

P

I used to love Eurovision for its camp kitchness and dear old Terry who is hilarious, but I haven't watched it properly for eons.
My favourite UK entry aside from the legends that are bucksfizz, is Gina G. She was robbed that year.

I met Irish eurovetran Jonny Logan once in a nightclub in Dublin. He was a t**s-pot

P

ooo ahh just a little bit

A

Do you remember the Samantha Janus entry? Cringe-worthy!!!

A

For those of you too young to remember (1991 I think) or who have successfully had therapy to rid themselves of the memory - fear not, here it is in all it's glorious tunelessness, hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wvIa7Zppmc