Facebook - findaphd group?

M

This may be a baaaad idea, but I was thinking last night - why don't we get a findaphd.com facebook group going?

D

Your a genius.

M

Scuse me?

G

Not being rude at all, but I just can't see the point. Absolutely nothing wrong with the status quo.

T

Well everyone would have the choice to join it or not. Sounds similar to a little myspace posse that got together a while ago.

P

Just be careful about the amount of personal information you give - you never know who might be lurking with sociopath or cyber bully tendencies.

A

Yes, exactly, as poor Pea's recent experience shows

M

Pea, that's a good point. Tis a shame that some people ruin the internet for others...

H

Yeah it is a shame.

I honestly never believed that people would be sad enough to read comments left by their "friends" on someone else's myspace written months ago (I barely looked at my own comments, who cares about anyone else's). I also can't believe how much people stir and how vindictive they are.

I also can't believe how people can be offended/hurt by a poem about wee and then say they aren't, yet keep bringing it up.

P

I am only concerned about people’s safety & well being. I don’t think mentioning something twice constitutes bringing something “up all the time”.

H

Health and saftey?

Well I'm not sure what you are worried about, it wasn't me, or tricky or DanB that searched through myspace to find you. As far as we know, you are just some random person called "pea" on a forum who does a PhD and lives somewhere in london. The poem didn't exactly refer to anything real did it? Unless you do smell like wee?

B

Hello Pea!!! Are you garden or mushy???!!! I am Laura. Please to meet you!!! Love Laura xxx

P

hello bioreactor -nice to have you on the forum. I'm the minted garden variety!

P

Oh H you do make me laugh you're so caustic. You love your argy bargy don’t you?
As I said before I am not interested – it now seems to be you who has brought it up several times, and is being rather tedious. Perhaps it is interesting or exciting by your standards, but I hope not. Please move on
Peace

M

Oh dear, there does seem to be some aggro on this board at the moment, doesn't there?