Facial hair removal

S

Ok, I know this is a very weird thread for a PhD forum, but what method of facial hair removal do you use? And does it work well for you? Its the first time I am thinking of doing something with the little annoying hairs above my lips :-) What do you suggest? Please only girl responses; I know the methods that men use :-P

J

Tweezers, but my annoying hairs come under my chin (I have 5 of the buggers).

H

Threading!

W

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, and forgive my naivety and stuff, but why can't you just use a razor? Is it too abrasive for girl skin or something? I'm just curious is all.

H

Do you think it is pleasant to see stubble on a lady?????

P

that nair cream stuff works great and doesnt hurt a bit!

S

Don't tweeze! They come back so vehemently - and you get worse ingrowing hairs than if you thread / wax. Depending on the type of hair (if it's just thin but dark) you're probably best of bleaching it. If you start tweezing they will become thick, and that won't be an option.
If they are already thick, you are best using Nair or threading. If you don't mind doing it 3-4 times a week, then go for Nair. if you want (painful) but great results, you need to thread it. Most beauty shops will do this for about £5, and you'll need it around once a month.
However, if this is really bothering you, it's worth investing in getting electrolysis - it is the only decent option, and it's permanent. It's only around £10 per session and although you will need to go over a few months (Once a month) to finally get rid of them - it's the best solution.

S

Thank you all for your responses. I was a bit worried about electolysis (whether it is safe etc). The hairs are thin and not very dark (I have very light skin though), so from what you all said, maybe I should go for bleaching!? Can you suggest of any specific product you may use?

H

Jolen!

Comes in sensitive skin type as well!

K

Laser hair removal, pricey but it doesn't hurt, is permanent, and a lot quicker than electrolysis. It works best if you have dark hair and fairish skin.

S

Have you done it? And if so, where?

K

Yeah, on some hairs near my belly button which appeared randomly. It took 6 sessions, with 6-8 weeks inbetween sessions.

J

I've got those too...must be more common than I thought. So it really works then?

K

Yeah, I think it's great, it's not 100% removal but it gets rid of the darkest hairs almost immediately, and it doesn't hurt at all. I went for some electrolysis but it was far too painful.