Getting married!

H

I just have to announce this here: I'm getting married! I took my girlfriend hiking up into the Australian Alps and proposed to her on the (romantically-named) Mount Feathertop! Huzzah!

In other news, I've settled into a good routine on my long commute to work every morning and my thesis writing-up is coming along nicely. I guess the thing to do now is to try and get as much writing done as possible before we have kids ...

So... did anyone here invite their supervisor to their wedding? I think I'd like mine to come along, but I don't know what the other guests would make of him! (He's a tad eccentric and a world apart from my non-academic friends and family).

W

Congratulations Mr Heb and soon-to-be Mrs Heb. I'm glad that things are going well for you re your PhD. I'd invite your sup, if I were you. Afterall, at any wedding you need a bit of quirkiness!

C

I got married in my 2nd year of the PhD and I invited my supervisor... didn't seem weird at all and everyone had a fab day!

Congratulations!

I got married in my 2nd year and me and hubs (who's also doing a PhD) both had our supervisors and other colleagues there - as we invited other people in our departments it would have been weird not having our sups there too. - we did put them all together so they could talk shop if they wanted and not freak out the other guests though. My hubby's family are typical honest-tradesmen types, they talk football or swap offensive jokes, so we tried to keep the two groups separate :$

W

Many congrats :D Of course invite them, it's your wedding you invite the guests you want. Glad the write up is also going well.

H

This thread is three years old...

H

This thread is indeed three years old, but thank you for the good wishes! I'm happy to report that the wedding went wonderfully, we've had a beautiful son (now one and a half years old), and last week I finally submitted my thesis :)

W

lol. Even more congrats :D

I

Congratulations all the best!

Quote From heb:
I just have to announce this here: I'm getting married! I took my girlfriend hiking up into the Australian Alps and proposed to her on the (romantically-named) Mount Feathertop! Huzzah!

In other news, I've settled into a good routine on my long commute to work every morning and my thesis writing-up is coming along nicely. I guess the thing to do now is to try and get as much writing done as possible before we have kids ...

So... did anyone here invite their supervisor to their wedding? I think I'd like mine to come along, but I don't know what the other guests would make of him! (He's a tad eccentric and a world apart from my non-academic friends and family).

Well some girl might probably go for him, as there's a few go for geeky, eccentric sorts. You'll probably get him laid for the first time in years. :-)

Congratulations!!!

Ian